You can easily share any document you create in Google Docs with any one using the Google system. You can also control how much your collaborators can do to that document. To get started, follow these simple steps:
- Create any kind of document (Document, Spreadsheet or Presentation) and save it with a name
- Click the "Share" tab on the right side of the screen
- Choose who you want to share the file with.
- You can start typing their name, and Google will automatically begin searching for your contacts with those letters
- If you have created a group that you'd like to share a document with, click the "Choose from contacts" and then choose the group from the drop-down box, and click "Add All"
- Choose whether you want to allow your users to modify the document (Collaborators) or simply view the file (Viewers)
- Click "Invite Viewers" or "Invite Collaborators"
- If you wish to send a message to the individuals or groups at this time, type your message in the pop-up box. Otherwise check "Skip sending invite".
That's it! Your collaborators will receive a message in their inbox that you've shared a document with them, and it will provide a link for them to view it. If they have an OCC email account and they have switched to using the new system, they will be allowed to view or edit your document. To watch a video on this subject, click here